Job Title: Fire Alarm Technician
Job reference: 61846
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Alarm Technician in Manchester. This will be temporary to permanent contract.
Duties will include:
- Ensure compliance with BS 5839-1:2017 in respect to inspection and servicing, and where applicable, installation.
- Conduct periodic and reactive maintained to systems that actuate the release of doors, in accordance with BS7273-4, as amended.
- Support the ELV supervisor with reactive repairs and fault finding on emergency lighting systems, as and when required.
- Maintain meticulous records of inspection and servicing and ensure the obligations in terms of record keeping are met and support the roll out of an electronic computer aided facilities management system (CAFM).
- Provide technical support to ascertain configuration data and device numbers and attributes to assist the development of an electronic asset register.
- Carry out diagnostic interrogation of fire alarm panels and provide written reports on findings and recommendations.
- Provide the technical lead where support from assistance technicians is required.
- Mentor junior FMC technical staff within the scope of the role and as agreed with the ELV Supervisor.
- Provide specific advice and guidance to FMC, E&F and other University colleagues within the area of technical expertise as required within the scope of undertaking the role.
- Participate and contribute to the implementation of performance-monitoring systems so as to provide evidence that the team is providing value for money.
- Contribute in the development and implementation of efficient, cost-effective working practices and quality service standards to improve and enhance the provision of an effective maintenance service to ensure the highest achievable standard, demonstrating value for money.
- Maintain high levels of communication with all stakeholders (internal and external) on a range of topics including complex technical issues relating to the life-safety systems.
- Ensure all role activities are undertaken in accordance with the requirements of the University and the E&F Health & Safety (H&S) requirements, in line with Health & Safety at Work Regulations and all subordinate legislation.
Essential skills / qualifications:
- City & Guilds or NVQ Apprenticeship
- FIA advanced qualifications
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Shane Ennis or Dan Fowler at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.