Generic Housing Officer Immediately Required
Length: Up to 6 Months (high possibility of extension)
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm (Working from home, but must be available throughout working hours to attend visits as and when required)
Pay: £26.70 per hour VIA Umbrella
Venn Group are currently recruiting for experienced Support Workers available in Leicestershire who have experience in support those vulnerable with Mental Health.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure by investigation, support, negotiation and enforcement that tenants comply with their conditions of tenancy
- Ensure that tenancies are administered in accordance with legislation and policy
- Focus on trying to sustain tenancies and try to resolve neighbourhood management problems without the need for enforcement
- Ensure that referrals are made to other agencies, including statutory agencies, to ensure that tenants receive the support that they need or that situations that are of immediate concern are escalated accordingly in accordance with the Council’s duties as a Local Authority
- Ensure that anti-social behaviour complaints are investigated thoroughly and actions are taken that are in accordance with policy and procedure
- Prepare witness statements and collate information for possession hearings at Court and to attend Court as necessary
- Prepare and serve Notices of Seeking Possession and Notices to Quit in consultation with the Legal Services Team
- Represent the department in meetings, with other sections, Directorates and outside agencies
- Interview tenants at the Council’s offices, at housing surgeries and in their home on all aspects of their tenancies
- Attend evictions where appropriate
- Provide appropriate advice in respect of all tenures, on such matters as the creation and determination of tenancies and rights of occupation
- Keep clear and concise file notes of all contact with customers and provide clear and concise written reports and chronologies for other officers when requested
- Maintain accurate records and statistics in relation to the work of the section
- Assist with the control/monitoring of the section’s budgets
- Carry out any other duties that are within the scope and grading of the post which could also be requested by the line manager, Head of Service or Chief Executive
- Previous experience in a related role
- A full UK drivers’ license and access to a vehicle
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Kimberleigh Parsons (Executive Consultant) on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.