Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a Local Authority based in Berkshire, who are known for their excellent team culture and are recruiting for a Governance Lawyer to join the council.
This is a Part-time role (25 hours per week) for an initial 3 months and can be performed completely remotely.
Responsibilities for the Governance Lawyer:
- To be the principal point of contact and supplier of legal and information governance advice.
- To represent and act on behalf of the Council in the protection and enforcement of the Council’s rights and responsibilities
- To act as the principal solicitor and legal adviser in the provision of local government, public law and constitutional advice to the Council.
- To assist the Assistant Director – Governance when required.
- To advise or procure the advice to ensure that the Council fulfils its lawful obligations, statutory duties and performs its functions and activities in accordance with the law and the principles of good governance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Governance experience within Local Government
Interested? For further information on this Governance Lawyer role, please contact Tumi Akanbi at Venn Group.
This Governance Lawyer role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.