A position has arisen for an interim Head of Finance for a non-profit organisation in Cambridgeshire. This is a full-time role until the end of May 2024. One day per week onsite working.
The position leads on all aspects of financial management. This includes providing an effective financial accounting service and a first-rate finance business partnering service.
Your duties will include:
- To ensure the Charity has appropriate financial controls to manage and mitigate financial risk and that these are implemented across all areas of the Charity, including fundraising, retail, and operations.
- To support the development and implementation of the Charity’s financial strategy.
- To ensure that the Charity has effective financial policies in place that reduce the risk of fraud and loss, whilst facilitating operational effectiveness wherever possible.
- To ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly management and departmental accounts including completion of Balance Sheet schedules and control accounts (including payroll) and the maintenance of budget and forecast data.
- To lead on the production of the Charity’s annual budget and five-year financial plan.
- To provide a monthly updated full year financial forecast that reflects input from budget holders and the Senior Leadership Team.
- To ensure the Charity adheres to all current and future financial legislation and best practice and that these are followed across the whole organisation.
- To ensure an organisational-wide understanding of the various funding sources, whether these be restricted, unrestricted, or earmarked, and making sure that they are accounted for appropriately.
We are looking for a qualified finance professional with ideally management and financial accounting experience from within the NfP sector.
Due to the nature of the role, we require candidates who are available for an immediate start or candidates on very short notice periods.
To apply for this role or to find out about other positions, please apply now with you up to date CV.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.