An exciting position has arisen for a Head of Finance to join a College in Hounslow, West London.
The post holder will manage the day to day operation of the finance function of the College and provide leadership and management to the finance team to deliver the full range of services associated with a further education college finance department.
Job responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the Finance team – to include allocation, monitoring and review of work, carrying out appraisals, training and personal development
- Prepare the College’s annual report and financial statements, alongside annual financial statements for the College’s subsidiary companies
- Prepare the College’s monthly management accounts and forecasts (including Income & Expenditure, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements) with supporting commentary
- Prepare the College’s annual budget, the College Financial Forecasting Return any other financial plans, forecasts and benchmarking returns
- Guarantee compliance with all statutory financial reporting requirements including HMRC
- Ensure the College has effective controls over its assets including capital acquisitions, disposals, asset registers and insurance
- Prepare the College’s Internal Audit Plan and monitor and report on the required actions associated with audit of key financial controls.
Successful candidate profile:
- Qualified CCAB or CIMA accountant with at least three years’ experience of working in a finance office
- Understanding of current and relevant financial reporting standards and regulations
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team and individuals
- Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to provide sound, comprehensive financial information and reporting
Agency Reference Number: J66844
Hourly Rate: £250 to £350 PAYE inclusive of holiday pay per day
Contract Type: Ongoing temporary, with option to go permanent
Location: Hounslow, West London
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.