Head of Health and Safety – 6 Month Contract – Birmingham – £40 to £50 per hour
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Head of Health and Safety for a large organisation based in the Birmingham area. This position pays between £40 to £50 per hour, the working hours are 37.5 per week
Your role will be to provide expert guidance, professional advice and support to managers and staff within the organisation in relation to the management of health and safety and ensure the Health & Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation.
- Working in conjunction with immediate peer colleagues in providing leadership to the team and the wider organisation in respect of health and safety
- Management of the Health and Safety team and budgetary responsibility for the Team
- Identifying the implications of changes in health and safety legislation and practice for the Trust and recommending and initiating any necessary actions
- Develop polices on behalf of the Trust to ensure compliance with statutory requirements: design health and safety management systems
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Manage the Health And Safety Team including recruitment, agreeing objectives and work plans, carrying out appraisals and other team related activities
- Diploma in Safety Management (NEBOSH diploma level) or equivalent.
- Evidence of recent in-service training/skills updating/CPD
- Extensive experience of working in a large complex organisation in a safety related role
- Experience of developing and delivering health and safety training
- Experience of setting, monitoring and achieving organisational standards and targets
- Experience of health and safety auditing systems