Head of Human Resources
Agency Reference Number: 77089
Venn Group are working with an arms-length body of a Central Government Organisation on an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive generalist HR and training service to the business to ensure managers and staff are fully supported and encouraged to deliver high performance. They will also be the HR lead for the business, developing and executing HR processes and strategies including organisational design and advising line managers on HR and management.
Full Time: Mon-Fri 37.5s hours a week
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Location: Kings Langley - Hybrid working available
- Act as a trusted Business Partner and manage employee relations casework, and working closely with directors and line managers, provide support and guidance regarding dispute resolutions, performance management, disciplinaries, grievances, capabilities, absence, retirement and redundancy etc. Ensure legal compliance at all times.
- Facilitate and manage the talent review process and succession planning in partnership with management.
- Develop HR plans, policies and procedures to support the business strategy, promote best practice and provide clarity. Keep policies under regular review.
- Develop and execute annual training plans in conjunction with line managers. Responsible for central training budget.
- Participate in the implementation of specific ad hoc projects and objectives to support wider business objectives, e.g. re-structuring, redundancies, annual pay review.
1. First degree education, preferably in Human Resources or similar
2. Professional membership of CIPD at Associate or higher
3. Over 5 years of proven HR generalist experience is essential
4. Excellent organisational skills
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Strong knowledge of employment legislation
7. Proactive team player, and able to manage others as required
8. Able to build positive relationships with others
9. Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through issues and change
10. Able to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.