Health and Safety Manager needed – Birmingham – Permanent – £37,500 to £40,500 dependant on experience
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager for a large organisation based in the Birmingham area. The hours will be 37 per week, with hybrid working generally a few site visits per month.
The role will involve:
- To advise on all health and safety matters, keeping the organisation and key stakeholders informed of current legislation and regulatory requirements, professional codes of practice, sector guidance and or changes in university practice as appropriate; including business continuity and Disaster Recovery management
- To assist the organisation in the development of its health and safety strategy; which includes responsibility for the development of policy, procedures, practices and key performance indicators and standards for the H&S function
- Develop, implement and maintain suitable health and safety management systems based on the principles of ISO 45001 to demonstrate continuous ongoing improvement in compliance
- To maintain all statutory records and documents required by law and the organisation, including those required for internal and external audit purposes, and take follow-up action as required in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Act 2018
- To advise and support organisation staff, managers and Safety Representatives in the promotion of health and safety conscious practices and in efforts to reduce accidents and near misses
- Advice and support investigations, accidents and incidents which occur and to advice on procedures to prevent their recurrence. To report all accidents and incidents (as classified under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) to the relative authorities and senior management
- To establish and maintain a system of safety inspections/audits in conjunction with responsible managers for buildings, equipment, practices and personnel to ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation, statutory instruments and codes of practise which are applicable.
- To be an active member of the Organisation Health and Safety Committee and represent the H&S function providing information, reports, advice and guidance on all matters related to Health & Safety; including information and reports to the Organisation Leadership Team and Council where appropriate.
To apply for this position, please forward an updated version of your CV to email@example.com contact either Josh Hughes or Jayan Patel on 0121 616 0683, quotingthe job title.
Should this e-mail reach you and it is not applicable but you are looking for work, please forward your CV and it will be passed to the relevant team.