Homeless Service Officer – URGENTLY Required
Duration: 2 months
Hours: 37 – 40 hours per week on a rota basis
Pay Rate: £12.15 per hour Inclusive Of Holiday Pay / £14.15 Umbrella
An opening has arisen for a Homeless Service Officer in the Leicester area. Said individual will provide comprehensive person centred housing support, which offers navigation of transitional housing services to clients who have experienced multi disadvantages in their lives, and require support to access Treatment, Health and Social Care to enable them to move towards ending their homelessness
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To provide an effective and efficient client focused accommodation allocation service, ensuring high standards of customer care, equal opportunities and fair treatment are met.
- Holding regular engagement with the organisations Services and Estate team to fully understand tenant’s needs and backgrounds.
- To sign up new tenants and to advise them of their rights and obligations under the condition of their tenancies/licence agreements and fully induct tenants into the new accommodation.
- To ensure benefit applications are complete before move in and payment options are fully explained to the tenant. Carry out regular benefit checks with tenants.
- To assist clients with their life skills, money management, social skills and health/ wellbeing in order to promote their independence and successfully sustain their tenancies/licences. This will also include liaising with support agencies the tenants may be involved with.
- Agree a housing management plan with all new tenants, this should include a schedule of visits and length of programme.
- To be the first point of contact in all matters relating to our clients tenancies or licences e.g. housing benefit advice, arrears advice, anti-social behaviour issues including neighbourhood disputes, harassment and domestic violence.
- To deal with any breaches of the tenancy / licence agreements appropriately this may include implementing our warnings and eviction procedures and investigate complaints of neighbour / anti-social disputes along with our estates team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Enhanced DBS
- Full Driving License
- Experience in a similar role
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Georgia Campbell (Consultant) on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations