Homelessness Commissioning Lead
Location: WFH and travel in Birmingham
Length: Temporary contract to June 2022 with a possible extension
Temporary contract: £200 – £300 per day
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Homelessness Commissioning Lead to be based within Birmingham part time. Said candidates will lead the development and oversee the implementation of multi–agency Homelessness Strategy, including commissioning and managing services that contribute to the delivery of the strategy. This opportunity is looking for candidates with experience of homelessness strategy, policy and homelessness prevention work within a local authority or related organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage all homelessness and rough sleeping related contracts held by the council and update The Head of Stronger Communities on performance against these contracts
- Develop specifications and lead on monitoring and oversight for all homelessness and rough sleeping related contracted services
- Ensure value for money is achieved from each contract
- Lead the development of Solihull’s Homelessness Strategy and to oversee its implementation, including the need to ensure compliance with Homelessness Legislation, e.g. the Homelessness Reduction Act and the management of contracted service providers
- Lead, co-ordinate, support and develop partnership work relating to housing and homelessness advice, including attendance at partnership meetings, scrutiny and decision sessions
- Develop effective relationships with providers of housing and support services and give direction to support the delivery of successful outcomes for customers who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- Inform officers, partners and Members of trends and issues in housing need and homelessness via reports, briefings and presentations
- Work with Solihull Community Housing on the implementation of policy and practice in relation to housing need, homelessness and the carrying out of Homelessness Reviews.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the homelessness and housing advice service, evaluate outcomes and recommend changes to policy and practice in line with policy and legislative developments
- Collaborate with other Council teams, Solihull Community Housing, Private Registered Providers, statutory services and the community and voluntary sector on new initiatives, policies and working practices to help meet housing needs and prevent or respond to homelessness in Solihull
- Identify and maximise the external funding that can be obtained to support housing and homelessness initiatives in Solihull and throughout the region.
- Commission a range of services to contribute to delivery of the Council’s Homelessness Strategy, including support for rough sleepers and vulnerable adults, accommodation and support services for those who are homeless / threatened with homelessness and a specialist pathway for young singles
- Manage Council budgets and individual contracts for the delivery of social housing, homelessness and housing advice services, including the Solihull Youth Hub, Service Level Agreement with SCH and the investment of the annual Homelessness Prevention Grant and other government funding streams in support of preventing and responding to homelessness
- Line management responsibilities for the Rough Sleeper Co-ordinator and Project, Grants & Project Officer (s) regarding the oversight and delivery of contracted services contributing to the homelessness strategy and meeting housing need
- Applicants must be able to drive, have a driving licence and be a car owner
- Chartered Institute of Housing Professional Qualification or equivalent
- A thorough working knowledge of housing and homelessness law, policy and good practice
To discuss these excellent opportunity further, please contact the Social Housing and Support teamon 0121 616 0660 and ask for Katie Dugmore (Recruitment Consultant for the Midlands), or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.