Our client, an esteemed local authority, is currently seeking an experienced senior Homelessness Service Manager to lead their comprehensive housing solutions and temporary accommodation team. This person will have extensive knowledge surrounding housing options legislation, in particular the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and temporary private-rented accommodation contracts.
Rate: £400 - £450 per day
IR35 Status: Inside
Duration: 3 - 6 months
- Manage and lead a team offering proactive housing advice to vulnerable council tenants who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to find emergency and long-term solutions
- Implement strategic actions to improve the service to ensure that the housing options solutions are appropriate to all customers
- Manage the procurement of new temporary accommodation from various external sources to ensure that supply is available to meet demand and potential influx of requirements
- Monitor and manage the team’s expenditure and make strategic decisions in order to reduce spend on temporary accommodation where possible in line with HRA legislation
- Effectively reporting back to and collaborating with senior management on team’s progress and working to ensure councils values are met with throughout the service
- Deal with any complex cases which have been escalated appropriately and ensure that enquiries are dealt with swiftly and sensitively
- Extensive and evident experience working in a senior capacity within local authority housing options and temporary accommodation team
- Effectively applied and complied with housing legislation, particularly HRA 2017, in a professional capacity and advised people on its application
- Past management of temporary accommodation portfolio procurement and housing solutions
If you have experience to match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the opportunity, please contact the Jason Woodhouse or the Housing Team on
020 7557 7667 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.