Housing Administrator Immediately Required
Duration: Temp / Potential opportunity for Perm
Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Office Based)
Hours: 25 or 30 hours per week (Mon-Fri, 9am to 2:30pm with ½ an hour lunch)
Rate: £12.10 PAYE / £14 via Umbrella
An exciting opening has arisen for an immediately available Housing Administrator for a Housing association in Stoke-on-Trent. The chosen candidate with be responsible for will primarily cover front-line duties – taking rent payments, logging repairs, signposting to other staff/agencies
The successful candidate have experience in a similar position and be responsible for:
- Assist the Housing Team and Asset Management Team with day-to-day administrative tasks such as preparing ad-hoc letters and emails, electronic filing of information and archiving information in line with our Document Retention policy.
- Answer the main telephone line and relay messages in accordance with our policies and procedures
- Ensure that all mail, texts, emails and other web-based communication is circulated and processed as appropriate
- Deal with enquiries from personal visitors to the office, telephone calls and enquiries via email and other digital platforms
- Take debit card payments from customers in accordance with agreed procedures
- Input the results of customer surveys into the appropriate software.
- Effectively utilise, maintain and update our customer database to deal with enquiries and update customer records
- Maintain the office environment, electronic collation of board papers, ordering stationery and other essential supplies for the office
- Input new property details on to our housing management system.
- Applications for Housing and New Tenancies
- Process new and existing housing applications from initial receipt through to relet, cancellation or rejection, ensuring that applications are made eligible for offers of accommodation
- Maintain the waiting list and register of interest and produce reports in a pre-determined format on demand for each property type.
- Request and progress nominations from the local authority in accordance with our Nominations Agreement
- Prepare sign-up packs and tenancy agreements for new tenancies
- Input new tenancy details on to our housing management system
- Log and order responsive, planned, cyclical, void, property acquisition works and ad-hoc repairs.
- Deal with general repairs enquiries and assist the Asset Management Team in ensuring that outstanding repairs are ordered and completed in a timely manner
The successful candidate will have:
- good written and communication skills
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Katie Dugmore on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations