VACANCY – Housing Commissioning Lead
Location: WFH and travel inBirmingham
Length: Temporary contract to June 2022 with a possible extension
Temporary contract: £200 – £300 per day
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Housing Commissioning Lead to be based within Birmingham. Said candidates will be required to represent the Directorate and the Council on working groups and internal and external meetings and to chair such meetings where appropriate. This opportunity is looking for candidates with experience of Social Housing policy, strategies and services within a local authority or related organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the relationship and formal agreements between the Council and Solihull Community Housing
- Ensure that SCH works with the Council to deliver its strategic objectives and priorities within the Council Plan and COVID roadmap
- Work with Council colleagues to develop Service Level Agreement specifications and lead on cross-Council approaches for monitoring and providing oversight for all SLAs with SCH
- Lead, co-ordinate, support and develop partnership work between the Council and SCH relating to housing, including management of and attendance at partnership meetings, scrutiny and decision sessions
- Inform officers, partners and Members of trends and issues in social housing via reports, briefings and presentations
- Represent Solihull in the development of national, regional and sub-regional social housing initiatives
- Identify and maximise the external funding that can be obtained to support social housing initiatives in Solihull and throughout the region.
- Manage relevant Council budgets attached to individual Service Level Agreements with SCH
- Line manage the SCH Client Function Officer within the Housing Team and provide matrix management to other members of the Team
- Ensure that the social housing strategies and policies effectively addresses equalities and diversities and to advise SCH on the effectiveness of their policies, practice and initiatives on equality and diversity
- Research and report on issues relating to social housing as required by the Head of Stronger Communities (Housing and Communities)
- Drive corporate priorities and implement strategies to build stronger communities
- Provide the appropriate professional advice in the day to day operations of the service and to advice on matters of policy, legislation and future strategies and to translate these into clear objectives and practical programmes for action
- Champion community activism and capacity building within the public sector with a view to helping the community to help themselves
- Applicants must be able to drive, have a driving licence and be a car owner
- Chartered Institute of Housing Professional Qualification or equivalent
- A thorough working knowledge of housing and homelessness law, policy and good practice
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact the Social Housing and Support teamon 0121 616 0660 and ask for Katie Dugmore (Recruitment Consultant for the Midlands), or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.