X2 Housing Support Workers
Venn Group’s Social Housing Recruitment Team are currently recruiting for x2 Housing Support Workers for a highly reputable Homeless organisation based in Dorset to begin temporary employment. You will be working from home but required to travel across the South West region to attend meetings/training.
Contract Type: 2-month assignment
Working days: 35 hours (Mon- Fri 9-5)
Hourly Rate: £11.54 PAYE
Day to day Duties:
- Provide housing related support to vulnerable individuals
- Help service users to move-on by gaining the correct life skills
- Engage with potential referral agencies including local authority central access point/gateway services, statutory and voluntary sector agencies in order to generate referrals for the service as required
- Plan and deliver an effective support and safety plan with the service user referring to specialist agencies as required
- Help service users maximise their income and claim the correct welfare benefits
- Ensure rent arrears are minimised and take the appropriate actions when arrears arise in line with policy and procedure
- Ensure that routine property maintenance and damage is reported promptly to maintenance staff
- Minimise void time by taking a pro-active approach to ensure properties are re-let as soon as possible in line with targets.
- A current enhanced DBS issued within the past 12 months
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people, ideally homeless
- Driver with own car and full UK licence
If you think you would be a good fit and would like to be considered for this position please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Emily Rex or Branwen Johns on 0117 930 8760.