HR Operations & Payroll Manager
Duration: Until March 2024 with the chance of extension
Rate: £442 a day via Umbrella Inside IR35
Hours: 37 hours Full time
Hybrid working in Swindon
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in the Swindon area, for a HR Operations & Payroll Manager to join them on an interim basis for at least the next five months.
You will be a senior member of the HR Operations Team, working in partnership with HR Systems, Resourcing and Advisory teams, consistently driving opportunities for improvement, resolving issues efficiently. Responsible for ensuring the team are kept up to date with legislative and statutory changes as well as council policy.
Responsibilities/expectations of the role:
- Responsible for checking and validating the accuracy and completion of each months pay run, signing off the gross to net payroll, all submissions to statutory bodies, end of year runs including P11D’s, downloads from HMRC, costings load into General ledger, payslip and P60 printing and distribution
- Responsible for verifying that the monthly and pension auto enrolment routine has accurately run and that the appropriate deductions are made
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate payroll records within the team
- Liaise with HMRC and Contributions Agency as necessary, in relation to particular cases
- Ensure compliance with yearly audit requirements and implement timely actions
- Work collaboratively with the HR system lead and drive through improvement and online applications
- Keep up to date with HMRC legislation and ensure compliance and ensure all HMRC payments are made on time
We are looking for an individual with:
- Strong payroll background
- Ability to work across multiple functions and with 3rd parties and external agencies
- Manage team priorities and ensure key tasks are delivered
- Experience in finding resolutions for escalations
- Experience developing effective working practices and continuous improvement in ways of working
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.