Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) vacancy waiting to be filled
Venn Group would like to introduce the following Key Worker position available in Leeds
Position: Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
Location: Leeds & Homeworking opportunities
Salary: £25,339 per annum
Length: Fixed Term til Aug 2022
Hours: 35 hrs per week, including some unsociable hours
The role will predominantly involve:
- Overseeing a caseload of women who have experienced sexual violence in order to ensure women’s needs and aspirations are met throughout the pathway of support
- Ensuring that sex workers who identify as women and other women who may wish to access these services have access to specialist sexual violence services in line with funder expectations and client needs
- Ensuring that safeguarding practice is embedded within working practices to effectively support those ‘at risk’ , including work on boundaries and resolution of conflict to provide positive spaces/activities for women
- Providing harm reduction interventions to women to empower them to engage in safer working practices for those who identify as sex workers
- Working collaboratively with Police, ISVAs and other colleagues to ensure women’s voices are heard within the criminal justice process
- Ensuring women have access to services through a variety of means, i.e. face to face, digital engagement, outreach, etc
- Establishing, maintaining and developing good partnership working relationships with professionals and organisations both statutory and voluntary
- Advocating for sex workers and other women wishing to access the specialist service, challenging discrimination, exclusion and stigma both for individuals and within the wider community
The successful candidate will preferably have experience in this sector already and must be able to drive.
To find out more about this role or to apply please contact Dan Fowler or Samantha Marshall on 0161 830 1830 or alternatively reply to this email with your up to date CV.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate, whom Venn Group subsequently places (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.