Fixed term contract (10 months)
£28,000 - £30,000 (per annum, pro rata)
Oxford (Fully remote apart from 1 day per month on site)
To produce and interpret the information the Trust needs both internally and externally to support and develop its business aims, and to meet the Trust’s statutory information requirements.
The key elements of the role are:
- Producing and presenting management information for use within the trust
- Providing Ad-Hoc support to respond to information requests by users, including Freedom of Information requests
- Providing timely and accurate reporting to external bodies on the Trust’s performance, in line with national definitions
This role requires working closely within the Corporate Information Team to ensure that a broad workload is adequately covered at all times. The post holder will be expected to develop a good general understanding of the departments work and key data areas.
They will be expected to liaise closely with colleagues within the department and the wider trust in order to meet the organisation’s reporting needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide advice within the team and to the Trust as a whole in the interrogation, analysis and presentation of data from all of the relevant sources within the Trust. This will include assisting with the understanding of local and national datasets, definitions and systems e.g.NHS Data Dictionary and Commissioning Data Sets (CDS)
- To respond to Ad-Hoc requests for information from end users. This will involve communication with the user to understand their requirements. The post holder will be able to explain their results with confidence to end users with a suitable level of detail. This work will need to be managed to ensure a timely response to all requests, with appropriate escalation within the department when issues arise
- To support on specified areas of the performance & reporting agenda to provide operational and management reports. This will involve working closely with colleagues within that area and the wider team
- To support routine reports and their development to be accessed directly by end users. This will primarily be done using tools such as, but not limited to, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Excel, and Tableau
- To maintain robust procedure notes for all routine work, and to ensure that these are shared within the team to ensure adequate cover
- To maintain a focus on high standards of data quality within both source systems and processed data. To suggest areas impacted by poor data quality and follow good working practice and recommend improvements
- To attend meetings in person and remotely, as needed. Occasional travel between sites will be required
- To actively pursue requisite team training and personal development goals, such as improvement to technical proficiency