Integrated Discharge Team Clinical Lead
Venn Group are working with a reputable NHS Trust seeking an experienced Integrated Discharge Team Clinical Lead.
This Senior Clinician will make decisions on behalf of agencies in the system to facilitate discharge, this includes pooling, coordinating and redistribution of existing resources to focus on early discharge, out of hospital assessments and improving patient outcomes and home based rehabilitation.
Rate: £42- 44per hour (PAYE/Umbrella ) Band 8B
Start: ASAP – 3months
Main Responsibilities include:
- Implementation and system oversight of the Hospital Discharge Requirements
- Ensuring the timely discharge of all hospital patients who do not meet the clinical criteria to reside
- Ensuring assessments for long term care take place outside of a hospital setting
- Ensuring people are discharged using “home-first” principles and not entering long-term residential care settings unnecessarily
- Establishing cross-system working to ensure appropriate health and social care support is provided in the right setting following discharge from hospital
- Overseeing a system of real time and high-quality discharge data through the SDCS COVID Discharge SITREP reporting requirements, and ensure the local system uses this information and learns lessons from the findings
- Responsibility for a community bed capacity tracker that is utilised in each area, entering data daily on bed availability and occupancy by bed type and use the information to plan local capacity
- Overseeing the of deployment of workforce, skill mix and training to deliver discharge requirements
- Monitoring discharges on all pathways and hold Trusts to account for their pathway choices to ensure that there is no over description of need, or over prescription of care
- Moving strategically with the support of all system partners towards more home-based discharges and fewer bed-based post -acute care options
Essential registrations within NMC/Allied Health Professional or any other is required.
If this is of interest and you would like further information on the vacancy please get in touch with Abigail Fernandes on 02075577667 or send your updated CV to email@example.com