Interim Assistant Director – Community Safety
Based: London (at least 1 day per week in office)
Length: 6 months initially
A Local Authority client lead the strategic development, design, management and implementation of high profile, high quality Community Safety service; including Youth Violence Strategy and Reduction Programmes, Community Safety Support and Co-ordination, Prevent and Counter Extremism.
- Lead on the final stages of the Community Safety restructure
- Develop with the service and partners the intelligence hub and sharing mechanisms
- Oversee their counter terrorism programme
- Lead the development of their vulnerable young people and adults work
- Oversee an effective violence prevention programme over the summer period
- Act as a key link between the service and senior leaders and members
Skills and experience required:
- Broad knowledge of relevant legislative policy and good practice guidelines, and of emerging developments in practice and public policy in relation to Community Safety and associated strategies
- Demonstrable understanding of the needs and challenges presented by the communities of a deprived inner-city area
- High level of understanding of community safety practice, the legislative and regulatory regimes related to the entire community safety area, and the prevention agenda in a local authority context
To apply for this role or to find out about other interim roles, please contact Zack Hamouda or Nicola Gradon on the London Local Government Recruitment team on 020 7557 7667 or send your CV to email@example.com
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.