Interim Head of Strategic Communications and Campaigns
Based in London
Length: 3 months initially, with the possibility of an extension
One of our London local authority clients is currently seeking an Interim Head of Strategic Communications and Campaigns to provide strategic management of their demanding and ambitious communications and campaigns function, whilst they undertake permanent recruitment.
Whilst the role is challenging and fast-paced, it presents the opportunity to work on the challenges of Covid-19 at the same time as tackling inequality, climate change, the housing crisis and hate crime in partnership with the Council’s residents and businesses.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading, planning, developing and delivering an innovative and highly effective strategic communications and campaigns service whilst giving expert advice that will enhance service delivery and the reputation of the Council
- Managing staff and acting as lead officer, providing strategic policy direction and leadership, operational management and financial control for the campaigns run by the council whilst ensuring its strategic objectives are met
- Supporting the Cabinet, Chief Executive and Management Board, to achieve the aims and desired outcomes of the Council
Experience and skills required:
- Substantial experience in planning and delivery of communications strategies and campaigns
- Ability to provide high level advice and develop strategic approaches to complex issues in a political organisation
- Previously worked within Local Government
- Robust and resilient with the ability to work at pace
- Authority and credibility to build relationships, influence and engage successfully with Members, senior managers, colleagues and partners
- Background and/or understanding of Covid-19 would be useful
If you have experience to match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please email your CV to email@example.com
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for vouchers for a range of companies.