A position has arisen for an Interim Service Director for Highways and Transport in a local authority in East Anglia. The person occupying this post will act as a fully participating member of the Council’s Extended Leadership Team and Directorate Management Team to embed the strategic framework, values, behaviours and performance management across all services. The role will ensure that business, budget and service planning objectives are delivered successfully.
Interim Service Director for Highways and Transport
Location: East Anglia
Contract: 6 – 12 months
Rate: £624 per day (Umbrella)
Hours: 37, Monday to Friday
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring effective delivery of all operational services in a customer focused manner
- Providing visible and engaging leadership for the service ensuring that an effective workplace culture is embedded that focuses on effective performance and continuous improvement
- Developing and maintaining effective partnership arrangements particularly with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Providing effective oversight and management for the commissioning, procurement and contract management of all commercial activity undertaken by the service
- Developing and implementing the delivery of highways and transport strategies relating to the organisation
- Ensuring that the Council fulfils its statutory duties relating to highways and transport
- Providing effective, timely and impartial advice to elected members and ensuring that effective decisions relating to highways and transport are made within the council’s democratic processes
The successful candidate should possess:
- Extensive experience of successfully working at a senior role across a number of highway and transport functions, in a complex stakeholder environment
- A comprehensive understanding of the current issues and challenges facing local government as well as the statutory framework governing the sector
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of law, procedures and guidance in relation to the council’s full range of statutory functions as Local Highway Authority
- A clear and strong personal commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and a track record of developing inclusive services and leading by example
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply now.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.