Lecturer in Games – Immediately Required
Duration: Temp to Perm
Hours: 37 hours per week
Pay Rate: £28-£30 per hour Via an Umbrella Company
An opening has arisen for a Lecturer in Games to be based in Chesterfield. Said individual will strive to achieve consistently outstanding provision and general administrative duties associated with the academic function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Work effectively together with classroom based, work based and cross-college colleagues as one team, respecting and valuing each other to deliver outstanding services to students
- Producing schemes of work and maintaining records of work for each area of scheduled teaching
- Developing and evaluating student learning materials and assignments appropriate to a range of learning situations
- Contributing to the delivery of the programme of learning in accordance with College policies
- Teaching in designated areas deploying an appropriate range of teaching and learning styles.
- Maintaining academic records including registers, records of work and any other records which may be required from time to time
- Preparing and marking College devised examinations and other assessment procedures
- Returning assessed work promptly to students indicating proposals for improvement
- Assessing and verifying assessments as a member of the programme team
- Planning and organising work placements, field trips, site visits and related activities
- Participating in programme team(s) and contributing towards the planning, development and administration of programmes and assessment of students work
- Participating in the College Quality Assurance process in order to evaluate the effectiveness of programmes
- Identifying, in consultation with programme team(s), curriculum development and learning resource needs and advising the Curriculum Operations Manager
- Assisting with visits from and to schools, taster courses and work experience for potential students
- Acting as personal tutor to nominated groups and individual students
- Participating in the guidance and interviewing processes to ensure that students and prospective students follow appropriate learning programmes
- Participating in reporting processes to provide feedback for parents and other sponsors.
- Liaising with parents and employers at parents' and careers' evenings and other similar events at schools and at the College
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Ash Sahota (Senior Consultant) on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations