Locum Civil Litigation Lawyer – Wales – Full Time - 3 Months + - Hybrid Working
Venn Group’s specialist Public Sector Legal recruitment team is pleased to be assisting a Local Authority in Wales to appoint a new Locum Civil Litigation Lawyer to join their team for an initial term of 3 months, starting ASAP.
This is a full time position, however requests for part time hours will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Hybrid working is required for attendance at Court and face-to-face meetings.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive with substantial post-qualification experience.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Effectively managing a caseload comprising a range of complex litigation matters across a variety of areas of law, including civil and criminal litigation, judicial and statutory review and proceedings in tribunals and inquiries
- Providing legal advice and support to Council committees, including the Licensing Committee, and attending Council and committee meetings as required
- Providing prompt, effective and user-friendly legal advice to a range of Council service areas
- Negotiating on behalf of and resolving disputes involving the Council as required
- Proactively providing support to other Council service areas, including the provision of appropriate training and legal updates
- Assisting and contributing towards the development and review of Service Level Agreements for the work undertaken by the Section and providing input on Service planning when required
An hourly umbrella rate of £55-£60 is offered for this role.
For more information on this vacancy, or to discuss other legal opportunities, please contact Charlotte Foley or Michael Attwood on 0117 930 8760. Alternatively, email email@example.com, attaching an up-to-date copy of your CV, and we will come back to you.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.