Locum Commercial Property Lawyer – Northern Home Counties – 3 months – Full Time – Hybrid Working – Up to £55 per hour Umbrella
Venn Group are seeking a Locum Commercial Property Lawyer to join a Local Authority based in the Northern Home Counties on a locum basis.
Role: Locum Commercial Property Lawyer
Organisation: Northern Home Counties based Council
Duration: 3 months initial contract with the likelihood of extension
Working Arrangement: The Authority require full time availability to successfully carry out this role
Working Pattern: Hybrid working, the Council are ideally seeking office presence once per week
Hourly Rate: Up to £55 per hour Umbrella, however this is dependent on relevant experience handling a commercial property caseload within Local Authority
The Authority are ideally seeking a Qualified Lawyer, either Solicitor, Barrister or experienced CILEX professional to carry out this position, with a Local Government background. The successful applicant will have public sector experience handling a commercial property caseload.
Duties for this Role:
- Handling a busy and diverse caseload including advising on academy conversions and green belt work
- Advising on a variety of portfolio work including any landlord and tenant matters, as well as negotiating and drafting leases, licences and easements
- Dealing with residential acquisition for Local Authority along with CPO and regeneration matters. There is also the opportunity to advise on refugee housing matters
- Providing advice and drafting relevant legal documents for property portfolio matters including deeds
- Assisting the Property Team with any other legal matters as and when required
- Representing the Council’s clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties regarding commercial property and any other relevant matters
Please apply for this role either online or with Felicity Woodbridge or Natalie Corcoran via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Job Reference: J75897
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.