Locum Construction Lawyer
Vacancy Ref: BRF8-74353
A position has arisen for a Locum Construction Lawyer to join a local authority based in the South West on an interim basis. This is a full time, remote working position for an initial duration of 12 months.
This position will suit an experienced and highly communicative Construction Lawyer or contentious Construction Lawyer. Previous experience within Local Authorities is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing legal advice to a variety of clients in-house across all directorates
- Leading on a substantial pipeline of projects (e.g., commercial, large-scale residential, highways, energy works, upgrades, repairs and maintenance etc)
- Keeping legal knowledge up to date, conducting legal research and maintaining a thorough knowledge of existing and new legislation in relation to practice area
- Being involved in matters from inception to completion
- Advising on which form of contract should be used (including JCTs and NECs) and drafting additions/amendments, warranties, bonds, PCGs etc
- Advising on legal risks particularly in relation to the procurement process
- Advising on tender support, from choosing the procurement route all the way through to contract award stage
An hourly umbrella rate of £55-£60 (inside IR35) is offered for this post.
To apply for this role or to find out about other legal jobs, please contact Charlotte Foley or Michael Attwood on 0117 930 8760 or email your CV to email@example.com and we will call you back.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.