Locum Democratic Services Manager – 3 months – West Midlands – Hybrid Working – Full Time – up to £55 per hour Umbrella
Venn Group’s specialist Public Sector Legal Team are collaborating with a reputable Local Authority based in the West Midlands, seeking a Democratic Services Manager to join their team.
The Local Authority is seeking a candidate to join their team on a full-time basis for an initial duration of 3 months with the likelihood of extension. Candidates offering part-time availability will also be considered.
The role offered is based upon a hybrid working arrangement, with office presence required ideally 2 to 3 days per week to oversee office based operations. Evening committee presence is also preferred by the Organisation.
This role is promoted on an hourly rate up to £55 Umbrella, dependent upon relevant experience.
The ideal candidate for this role will have previously worked for a Democratic Services Team within Local Government, ideally with managerial experience, however, candidates without managerial experience will be considered too.
The Authority is looking for someone who has experience working with Members, Counsellors and other relevant stakeholders. It is important that the successful candidate has a firm grasp of Democratic Services processes within Local Government.
Duties may include:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Member & Executive Support Team including staffing costs and the procurement of goods and services in accordance with good accounting practice and the Council’s contract and finance procedure rules
- Act as the Information Asset Owner for all Information Assets held or managed by the Member & Executive Support Team, working with the Information Governance Team Manager
- Deliver modern and efficient democratic services provides all of the necessary information needed for Member meetings and decision-making
- Manage Member meetings and decision-making to ensure they function smoothly and arrange meeting dates and venues and assist Members, Officers and the Public with the application of procedure rules, conventions, protocols and the conduct of meetings generally
- Ensure the smooth function of Member meetings and decision-making through the effective planning
- Make sure Member appointments are made to the Council and outside bodies in accordance with statutory requirements
- Contribute and prepare to reports
For further information, please contact Will Pardoe via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates