Locum Democratic Services Officer – 3 months – West Midlands – Hybrid Working – Full Time – £20 - 25 per hour Umbrella
Venn Group’s specialist Public Sector Legal Team are collaborating with a reputable Local Authority based in Staffordshire, who are seeking a locum Democratic Services Officer.
The Local Authority is seeking a candidate to join their team on a full-time basis for an initial duration of 3 months with the likelihood of extension. Candidates offering part-time availability will also be considered.
The role offered is based upon a hybrid working arrangement, with office presence required ideally 2 to 3 days per week to oversee office based operations. Evening committee presence is also preferred by the Organisation.
This role is offered on an hourly rate of £20 - 25 Umbrella, dependent upon the individual’s relevant experience.
The Authority is looking for someone who has experience working with Members, Counsellors and other relevant stakeholders. It is important that the successful candidate has a firm grasp of Democratic Services processes within Local Government.
Duties for this role may include:
- Deliver modern and efficient democratic services providing all of the necessary information needed for Member meetings and decision-making
- Ensure the smooth function of Member meetings and decision-making through the effective planning
- Ensure all meetings conform to legal requirements and in accordance with the Council’s Constitution, corporate standards and relevant procedures and processes
- Manage and deliver the servicing of Council, Cabinet, Committees and Sub-Committees in their decision making processes
- Make sure Member appointments are made to the Council and outside bodies in accordance with statutory requirements
- Contribute and prepare to reports
For further information, please contact Will Pardoe via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates