Locum Data Protection Lawyer (Deputy Data Protection Officer) – Home Counties – 3 months – Full Time – Hybrid Working – Up to £50 per hour Umbrella
Venn Group are working with a large Local Authority based in the Home Counties seeking a Locum Deputy Data Protection Officer for a 3 month initial assignment with the likelihood to extend.
Position: Locum Data Protection Lawyer (Deputy Data Protection Officer)
Organisation: Local Authority
Location: Home Counties
Duration: 3 months initial assignment with the likelihood of extension thereafter
The Organisation are ideally seeking applicants with full time availability however those offering part time hours may also be considered.
The role is to be carried out on a hybrid arrangement, with office presence required twice per week.
This position is for an hourly rate of up to £50 per hour Umbrella. This rate is dependent upon the candidate’s relevant experience as a Data Protection Officer/Lawyer within Local Government.
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience working with the statutory duties of a Data Protection Officer ideally within Local Government. The desirable candidate will be a Qualified Data Protection Lawer however highly experienced (Deputy) Data Protection Officers will also be considered.
Purpose of the Role:
To act as the Deputy Data Protection Officer for the Council, reviewing the Authority’s data management processes, policies and procedures and to provide any changes as and when required alongside implementing training and development to implement these changes.
- To provide legal advice on all data management aspects throughout the Council including but not limited to FOI’s, GDPR and all other data protection laws and matters
- To provide support to the Data Protection Officer and Executive Director including assessing data breaches and liaising with the ICO when required
- To work with every service area within the Council to ensure efficient data management processes are implemented throughout
- To help develop and implement data management processes including new case management systems and to provide sufficient training to ensure they are used in the most efficient way
- To ensure all risks associated within the relevant legal practices are identified and managed with quickly and effectively
- To develop and deliver training to all staff on the data management/protection changes to increase awareness and improve efficiency
If this role is of interest, please apply either online or with Will Pardoe or Natalie Corcoran via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Job Reference: J74741
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits