Locum Planning and Highways Lawyer – Thames Valley – 3 months – Full Time – Remote Working – Up to £60 per hour Umbrella
Venn Group are seeking a Locum Planning and Highways Lawyer to join a Thames Valley based Council’s Legal Team on a 3-month initial contract with the likelihood of extension.
The Council are ideally seeking a full-time applicant to carry out this role however, candidates with a minimum of 3 days per week availability will also be considered. This position can be undertaken on a remote working basis however, if occasional office presence of once per week is possible then this would be desirable.
The hourly rate for this position is up to £60 per hour Umbrella, however this is dependent upon experience managing a planning caseload within Local Government.
The ideal applicant will be a Qualified Lawyer, either a Solicitor, Barrister or experienced CILEX professional with a strong background in handling a Planning Law caseload within Local Government. Prior experience handling highways matters will also be required for this position.
- Dealing with a mixed caseload of planning and highways matters including advising on section 106 agreements, compulsory purchase orders and planning enforcement matters
- Advising on various highways matters including negotiating and drafting section 278 and 38 agreements
- Assisting with any development projects that arise handling all drafting of legal documents and relevant negotiations required with the developments
- Representing the Council’s clients on any Planning Law matters and handling negotiations with relevant third parties and stakeholders
- Independently managing caseload and assisting the Planning Team with any planning law matters that arise
Please apply for this role either online or with Felicity Woodbridge or Natalie Corcoran via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Job Reference: J75914
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.