Locum Senior Commercial Property Lawyer – OUTSIDE IR35 - Remote Working – Up to £51 per hour – West Midlands
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Property Lawyer to join a Local Authority based in the West Midlands.
The assignment is offered for an initial period of 6 months with the possibility of extension thereafter dependent upon performance. This role will be offered on a remote basis and ideally the client would like someone to take on the position on a full time basis however part-time candidates will also be considered.
This role is suitable for a qualified Solicitor or Barrister with a minimum of 10 years PQE and experience gained within Local Government.
The council are seeking an experienced Property Lawyer who will be dealing with a variety Commercial Property matters and have experience of handling complex and high value project work within Local Authority.
Duties may include:
- Dealing with freehold and leasehold acquisition and disposal of large sites for housing and commercial development
- Working to support the relocation of major town centre businesses to facilitate regeneration
- voluntary and compulsory land assembly
- Managing academy conversions and mergers
- Completing the freehold and leasehold disposals of surplus public sector premises
- Organising the design, finance, build and operation of agreements for social care facilities
- Securing high value investments on land assets
- Supporting affordable housing schemes including acquisition of housing for the purpose
- Carrying out general commercial landlord and tenant work
- Carrying out all necessary advisory work to support the Council, Cabinet and Committee meetings
- Managing a varied property portfolio including a number of industrial estates located across the region, retail units, offices, education and leisure venues
- Working on commercial leases, licences, easements, agreements for lease and conditional contracts
- Drafting and negotiating freehold transfers, deeds of surrender and investigation licenses
- Working closely with the Council’s Property Services Team in order to proactively co-ordinate and manage a large number of instructions
- Advising client departments on land and property, highways, commercial contract and procurement matters.
The position offers an hourly rate of up to £51 per hour dependent upon levels of experience, this position can also be offered Outside of IR35.
Please apply for this role online or contact Tom Hoult or Connie Ross via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Locum Senior Commercial Property Lawyer – OUTSIDE IR35 - Remote working – Up to £51 per hour – West Midlands
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates