Job Title: Maintenance Technician (Band 4)
Job reference: 7208440/001
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician within a leading Healthcare NHS Trust in Greater Manchester. This is a key role within the trust and will be an on-going position.
The post holder will be a member of the Core Maintenance Team responsible for carrying out day-to-day repairs and statutory Planned Preventative Maintenance for buildings within the Trust by using specialist knowledge and skills gained from training, experience and appropriate qualifications.
Duties will include:
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and general day-to-day work as required on receipt of electronic job tickets via the Maintenance Supervisor, or their deputy, and to prioritise their daily workload.
- The primary responsibility will involve the maintenance of the mechanical infrastructure, within buildings, plant and equipment.
- The post holder will be required to have knowledge of mechanical services and undertake work on steam, heating, DHW, CWS, waste services and medical gas systems, including all ancillary equipment, and any other systems as would be appropriate to the role.
- To carry out routine testing and maintenance to decontamination equipment (sterilizers) in HSDU and Pathology Department.
- To carry out routine testing and maintenance to pool plant and equipment in the Physiotherapy Department.
- Diagnose and identify faults in mechanical installations, plant and equipment and using knowledge and experience resolve the problem.
- To gain knowledge of Mechanical installations in new developments as they are placed into service.
- PPMs and day-to-day tasks will include; regular inspection, testing and maintenance of Air Handling Units and ventilation plant, in accordance with HTM03-01, including taking and recording of differential pressure readings, maintaining, repairing and cleaning AHU’s and changing filters as and when required.
Essential skills / qualifications:
- City & Guilds or NVQ Apprenticeship
- Experience of working in a hospital environment would be desirable
- Full UK driving licence – transport needed
- Standard DBS will be carried out on all successful candidates
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.