Management Accountant Required Immediately
We are working closely with one of our clients, based in the Tyne and Wear area, who are looking for their next Management Accountant to join the team. The ideal person for the job will be professional, ambitious, a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
They will ensure that all information produced is done so accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Proactively work with the Head of Finance and Chief Operating Officer to transform the finance service, using a commercial mind-set to ensure strategic aims are achieved providing professional advice and information.
- Collaborate with managers to advise and recommend ways to effectively manage local budgets.
- Partner with the Head of Finance and Senior Managers to drive changes and efficiencies through more proactive financial management.
- Line manage finance staff and work with colleagues to ensure finance processes are undertaken timely and accurately, managing the day-to-day finance operations.
- Take the lead in preparing annual budgets by working with budget holders to prepare budgets, including the validation and challenge of curriculum planning outcomes, particularly student numbers and curriculum hours.
What we are looking for:
- Fully qualified member of a CCAB Accountancy Body, eg ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA
- Preparation of management accounts and financial reports
- Preparing financial reports for budget holders
- Experience of managing staff and track record of successful people management including leadership, negotiation, influencing, team building and ability to inspire relationships at all levels
- Managing the nominal ledger and ensuring month end and year end processes are carried out effectively
- Preparing returns, e.g. VAT returns, grant claims
- Substantial experience of budget management, budget setting and accounts closedown in a comparable organisation
- Substantial experience of providing financial advice to a range of stakeholders
- Experience of communicating effectively both written and verbal to a wide range of audiences both internally and externally to achieve corporate and service objectives of a comparable organisation
If you are immediately available and would like more information, please call 0113 234 6400
To discuss the role or the other posts that we are recruiting to, please send through an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org