An exciting position has arisen for a Management Accountant to join a London based University. The post holder will produce monthly management accounts, deal with budget holders, and provide key support during month-end. They will be working alongside the Senior Management Accountant.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide accurate management information with insightful commentary and analysis to senior managers and discuss with budget holders
- Support in the production of the monthly reporting pack to useful and relevant information
- Coordinate with the Business Partner/Senior Management Accountant and the Budget Holders in the provision of budget upload and phasing for Faculties and Departments
- Review the budget allocations and phasing on an annual basis for consistency
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant in the preparation of the Financial Statements of the University and its subsidiaries and other duties
- Complete government statistical return, VAT returns, gift aid and landlords return
- Support the Risk and Business Continuity Manager in the maintenance of Risk Management system and Risk registers
- Carry out financial due diligence on potential collaborative partners escalating concerns or issues to relevant managers/ stakeholders
Successful candidate profile:
- A fully or part qualified accountant (CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent); or an experienced Accounting Technician (AAT full membership)
- Experience in management accounting and/or financial business partnering
- Ability to analyse and work with complex spreadsheets and data sets to produce clear management information
- Good understanding of process improvement, budget setting, budget management and forecasting
- Experience working in a large complex organisation (Higher Education experience is highly desirable)
- Proficient in the use of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
Agency Reference Number: J60653
Per annum salary: £35,853 - £40,013 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Hybrid
This vacancy will be actively shortlisted, so early applications are encouraged to avoid missing out!
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.