An exciting position has arisen for a Management Accountant to join a London based University.
The post holder will produce monthly management accounts, deal with budget holders, and provide key support during month-end.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with the Business Partner/Senior Management Accountant and the Budget Holders in the provision of budget upload and phasing for Faculties and Departments.
- Review the budget allocations and phasing on an annual basis for consistency.
- Support the Senior Management Accountant in the production of the monthly reporting pack to useful and relevant information
- Carry out financial due diligence on potential collaborative partners escalating concerns or issues to relevant managers/ stakeholders
- Be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting to the academic departments, including monthly income and expenditure accounts with commentary, payroll reports, and forecasting information
- Work proactively with Heads of Departments in the preparation of their budget as part of the University’s annual planning cycle
- Provide Heads of Departments with qualitative reports and statistical analysis to inform planning and resource decisions
- Prepare financial reports for departmental activities, identifying accruals, carry-forwards and closures as required
Successful candidate profile:
- A fully qualified accountant (CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent); or an experienced Accounting Technician (AAT full membership)
- Experience of working within the Education Sector
- Ability to use financial accounting software (Agresso or similar)
- Good understanding of process improvement, budget setting, budget management and forecasting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and practical skills in all aspects of budgetary control and financial controls within a large organisation
- Experience in management accounting and/or financial business partnering
Agency Reference Number: J63568
Per annum salary: £150 - £200 PAYE inclusive of holiday pay per day
Contract Type: 3 - 6 months with chance of extension
Working pattern: Hybrid
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.