Interim Maths Lecturer – Nottinghamshire
Duration: End of the Easter Term
Pay Rate: £30 per hour via an umbrella company
Hours: 8:30 – 16:30 (36 hours)
An opening has arisen for a Maths Lecturer to be based in Nottinghamshire. Said individual will ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delivering low level and GCSE mathematics to students
- Contributing to excellent and innovative delivery of the curriculum to promote learning and progression
- Developing, planning and delivering quality teaching in response to student needs and undertake marking, support portfolio building and provide feedback to students
- Undertaking teaching in a variety of settings including 1:1, small group tutorials, class and workshops, and large lectures
- Working closely and supportively with colleagues to deliver excellence in teaching and to achieve the best outcomes for students
- Design, plan produce and adapt to learner needs a range of effective and engaging teaching, learning and assessment materials and activities that build on existing practices, motivate students and take account of supportive technologies
- Undertake course co-ordination as required to support student achievement and undertake quality related activities as required
- Ensuring that course delivery engenders a learning environment where diversity of ideas and contributions are welcomed
- Ensuring that there is accurate recording of assessment decisions
- Understanding and be responsive to appropriate performance indicators and put in place intervention strategies where required to support student progress or achievement
- Participating in or lead trips and visits ensuring all necessary preparation and documents are in place as required by the policy prior to the start of the trip or visit.
- Designing, producing and adapting a range of effective learning and teaching activities
- Working with others to develop engaging and effective approaches to teaching, making appropriate use of learning technologies
- Contributing to ensure that the curriculum is relevant and up to date
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Ash Sahota (Senior Consultant) on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations