Urgent Requirement – Multiple Positions Capital Department – Staffordshire – Temporary to Permanent – Agile Working
Venn Group is currently recruiting for several positions for a large organisation based in the Staffordshire area. The hours will be 37.5 per week; with agile working typical split being 3-4 days on site the rest working from home. The roles would initially be temporary for 3-4 months, with an opportunity to apply and go permanent.
Senior Project Manager – Temporary to Permanent (£54,000 - £63,000)
- Be responsible for coordinating and managing the approvals / decision within the organisation governance structure so projects have the necessary approvals in good time.
- Be responsible for and manage the client brief for capital works including preparation, sign-off and any change control. Ensure that the brief is effectively delivered.
- Be responsible for establishing, managing and monitoring project programmes to deliver to key dates agreed, taking into account any procurement and phasing requirements.
- Ensure that there is clear allocation of responsibilities across all the necessary capital project work packages and that these responsibilities are communicated, embedded in any procurement process and delivered through contract implementation.
- Registered with a professional body or institute/possess a HND/HNC in engineering
Clerk of Works – Temporary to Permanent (£35,000 - £43,000)
- Be responsible for the inspection of construction work carried out by external contractors on campus to ensure that works are in accordance with the building contracts, safe practice, statutory requirements and construction best practice.
- Supervise any investigations that require opening up, ensure these are carried out in an appropriate and safe manner with appropriate witnessing, managing both external contractors and consultants to attend site as necessary.
- Agree quality control procedures with the external contractors and consultants in accordance with the building contract, checking contractor records to ensure that quality control inspections are effective and efficient.
- Review Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans (CPH&S Plan) to ensure that these meet the requirements of the Construction (Design Management) Regulations 2015 and will not adversely impact on the day to day activities of the organisation. Where necessary, communicate and agree the CPH&S Plan with wider organisation stakeholders.
Building Surveyor – Temporary to Permanent (£44,000 - £53,000)
- To undertake building surveys to ascertain building condition, providing reports on & estimates to bring buildings up to a suitable level.
- Where external surveyors are required, scope the work, procure in accordance with the organisation’s Financial Regulations & manage on site, validating outputs.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the organisation building condition schedule, liaising with colleagues across the organisation to record where works are carried out improving the schedule.
- Be responsible for the preparation of specifications & schedules of works for minor works sufficient to allow procurement in accordance with organisation Financial Regulations.
- Produce CAD drawings & associated schedules as required for minor works to the organisation agreed standards from inception to hand-over without the need to engage external resources.
- Registered with a professional body or institute/possess a HND/HNC
To apply for this position, please forward an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org contact either Josh Hughes or Tom Wilkinson on 0121 616 0682, quotingthe job title.
Should this e-mail reach you and it is not applicable but you are looking for work, please forward your CV and it will be passed to the relevant team.