Community Occupational Therapist
Duration: Temporary, three months
Hours: Monday – Friday, PT (22.5 hours a week) 8am – 5pm
Rate: c. £18 - £22 per hour (via umbrella company) DOE
In the role for the Community Occupational Therapist, they are looking at an immediate start. The initial duration expectation is five months. The role for the Community Occupational Therapist will be working with children within a community setting.
- To manage a caseload of children & young people requiring occupational therapy by; assessment and diagnosis, formulation of management plans, writing reports according to service guidelines and evaluation of targeted outcomes providing school/nursery /home visits as appropriate
- To be responsible for managing a defined caseload of children and advising team/clinical lead of any difficulties with this
- To empower others to support children with occupational therapy needs
- To contribute to reports for Education, Health & Care Plans
- To provide second opinions as necessary and appropriate to meet the needs of complex or specialist cases.
- To carry out annual appraisals
- To maintain a high level of clinical knowledge and keep abreast of new developments via literature reviews, participation in clinical forums, clinical supervision and research projects, and membership of Clinical Excellence Networks. (CENs)
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of national policies, documents and trends appropriate to post and competency levels
- To deliver training to OTs (including student placements) and the wider workforce and lead in the writing, development and evaluation of training
- To support/ represent the Team Lead/s or Clinical Leads (under their direction), as and when required
- To inform leads of new knowledge and information which could impact on clinical pathways
- To continuously develop clinical competence and achieve goals set for personal and professional development, with reference to RCOT guidelines and Trust appraisal processes
- May have a specialist interest in a specific clinical area
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron, Leo Steeden or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of two weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations