Venn Group is working with a Local Authority in London to recruit an Interim Oracle Database Administrator.
The Interim Oracle Database Administrator will lead and support the management and efficient running of Oracle-based systems, Unix databases, and support other RDBMS where applicable.
Hybrid working is required for this role, with attendance to the office in London 1-2 days per week.
Daily rate: £350 Umbrella
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
Length: 3 months initially
Responsibilities in post:
- Manage and maintain the Oracle databases for Production and Test environments
- Proactively monitor database performance, undertake appropriate tuning
- Provide day to day BAU support, being the technical lead for all Oracle database related issues
- Engage directly with front line, level 1 and 2 application and functional support colleagues
- Investigate, identify and diagnose areas of poor performance and implement relevant solutions to ensure ongoing optimal configuration and performance
- Ensure all related technical documentation is prepared to ITIL standards
- Ensure that all DBA staff follow the ITIL processes
- Liaise with the DBA Lead, Head of Infrastructure and/or the Head of Transformation and Programme Management to ensure the resolution of major service incidents
- Advanced knowledge in the following: Oracle 18,19C and above, Unix, RMAN (Backup, Recovery, DR), Solaris, SQL, Linux, Redhat, Azure (Iaas, PaaS, SaaS), Tomcat/Apache/Java
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle and other RDBMS and associated products
- Proven experience of supporting, maintaining, tuning, patching and upgrading Oracle applications and databases
- Experience of undertaking capacity planning, security and tuning of databases, together with experience of monitoring application background processes including concurrent managers, Oracle HTTP, applications, forms and report servers
- Experience of multi node implementation of Oracle EBS.
- Experience of multi-platform administration, including Linux, UNIX, AIX, Solaris and Windows
- Experience of managing and maintaining OBIEE, ETLs and data warehousing functions
If you meet the above criteria for this requirement, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 72 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.