Outreach Support Worker Required
Length: 12 Weeks to Permanent (Dependant on Performance)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm / 05:00am – 13:00pm (most likely once a week)
Pay: £11.55 (dependent on experience, Inclusive Of holiday pay) Permanent Salary (£20, 07.00 per annum)
Venn Group are currently recruiting for experienced Floating Support Workers throughout Warwickshire. This opportunity is looking for a candidates who have a strong background within supporting complex needs primarily supporting homelessness in which you will also need knowledge around housing management. Please note the role involves working within the community, therefore only individuals with a full drivers licence and access to a vehicle will be considered.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Offer street level support to people who are sleeping rough or at risk of returning to rough sleeping
- Work with people on early morning outreach to offer urgent support and to help identify those who are most vulnerable
- Work in partnership with Stratford District Council to help reduce the number of people sleeping rough and to assist in presenting people with their options around housing solution
- Work with people we support offering supported opportunities for them to improve their quality of life, develop their skills and make decisions about their future
- Act as individual ‘Keyworker’ to a group of identified people we support, taking lead responsibility
- Provide general practical and emotional support to people we support in order to promote their independence and recover
- Respond appropriately to chaotic and challenging behaviour to promote the well-being of people we support and staff
- Undertake training e.g. through attendance at formal courses
- Provide an effective and responsive supportive service
- Liaise with referral teams/agencies regarding vacancies and referrals
- Participate in the staff team’s provision of individual support and needs assessment, including risk assessment, advice, emotional support and practical assistance
- Provide advice and assistance to people within the service on personal budgeting, debt management and claims for welfare benefits. Pro-active in introducing new service users to the service
- Previous experience in a related role
- A full UK drivers’ license and access to a vehicle
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Kimberleigh Parsons (Executive Consultant) on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.