An exciting position has arisen for a Finance Officer on a part time basis, to work for a Multi Academy Trust based in East London.
The post holder will report into the CFO, assisting with a wide range of financial duties for the Trust.
- Operate and maintain the financial management system, assisting in the budget monitoring and reporting process
- Responsible for the processing of invoices from ordering to initiating supplier payments
- Manage invoice related queries from suppliers
- Ensure credit notes are processed in a timely fashion and raise invoices as required
- Responsible for producing and processing BACS payments
- Monitor and report departmental budget performance to devolved budget holders
- Raise and track all invoices relating to school generated income
- Reconcile purchase card payments from card statements
- Handle all arrangements in relation to cash collection and banking
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations to the required schedule
- Maintain appropriate filing and financial record keeping systems in accordance with audit requirements
- Maintain data in various spreadsheets relating to finance, e.g. staffing costs
- Complete monthly VAT returns for the Trust and manage any recharges
Essential Candidate Specification:
- Successful candidate must have an enhanced DBS/ have an enhanced DBS on the update system
- Experience working within a School or Multi Academy Trust
- Recent experience using PS Financials
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Part- Time Finance Officer
Agency Reference Number: 68639
Hourly Rate: £16-£19 per hour
Hours: 14 hours per week (2 days)
Length of contract: Until end of July 2023, possibility of extension
Working Pattern: This role is 100% onsite, successful candidate will need to be present at the Trust 2 days per week.
This vacancy will be actively shortlisted so early applications are encouraged.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.