An exciting position has arisen for a Payroll Coordinator to work for a College based in London.
The post holder will support the Head of Payroll and Pensions, to ensure that the payroll for the whole Colle Group is processed accurately and payments are made on time.
- The accurate and timely processing of appropriately authorised payment details and update to master files
- To ensure payroll compliance with all relevant legislation
- Validate all taxable and non-taxable expenses submitted by college employees through the payroll system
- To ensure correct cost centre costings and split costings are implemented
- To ensure that all staff are paid on time, to correct any errors promptly and accurately
- To support staff to enable them to successfully access the Employer Self Service portal, giving access to pay slips and end-of-year P60’s
- To develop and maintain systems to ensure the overall integrity and completeness of data held in the payroll system
- To be accountable for the correct procedures in the operation of Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay and Paternity Pay
- To be a point of contact for both routine and complex payroll queries
- To assist in the day-to-day smooth running of the payroll function, ensuring documented procedures are kept up to date.
What they are looking for:
- Experience of working in a Payroll Department with a minimum of 500 employees at any one time. They must be conversant with the legislation and documentation of all aspects of Payroll and deductions (Desirable)
- A good working understanding of SSP, SMP, Tax Credits and PAYE. Knowledge of P11Ds is desirable rather than essential. Experience of pension deductions within an Education setting would be advantageous.
- High level of written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal successfully with College staff, managers and outside agencies on payroll matters. (Essential)
- The ability to manage work to establish priorities and schedules to meet strict targets and deadlines. (Essential)
- The College uses ITrent as its payroll system, and whilst experience of this system would be preferable, although it is by no means essential
Agency Reference Number: 7190460
Hourly Rate: £20.00-25.00 per hour
Length of contract: 3 months, with possibility of extension
Working Pattern: 5 days onsite
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.