Rate: £14.67 per hour (via umbrella company Inside IR35)
Duration: 3 months initially (with likely extensions)
Hybrid Working available – Office based in Leicester
We are currently working with a public sector organisation in Leicester who require the interim assistance of a Payroll Officer.
Summary of job tasks:
• To respond to pay and benefits queries from employee and managers in a timely and knowledgeable manner
• Administer the end to end employee pay and benefit transactional lifecycle process for employees and external clients.
• Process pay, pension, statutory and voluntary deductions and employee benefits for new starters, leavers and contract changes
• Calculate changes to pay in accordance with occupational and statutory requirements
• Formally notify employees of changes to their terms and conditions and give accurate contractual advice to all customers
• Respond to questions from managers and employees relating to pay and benefit related terms and condition, via email, telephone or face to face
• Negotiate appropriate timescales for the recovery of salary overpayments
• Work with team member to resolve the more complex tasks and queries
• Liaise with managers on pay and processing queries
The ideal candidate will have:
• Sound knowledge of statutory payments and deductions e.g. Tax, National Insurance, Pensions
• Experience of using and interrogating an integrated HR/Payroll system
• Preferable experience with the iTrent system
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for working for work please send over your CV and one of the team will be in touch.