An exciting position has arisen for a Payroll Officer to work for a South London based University.
To provide a high quality payroll service for University employees and supporting the Payroll & Pensions Manager in the efficient operation of the payroll & pension service for the University.
Job responsibilities include:
- Processing allocated payrolls of 1,000+ with regard to accurate and timely payment of salaries and bursaries
- Compliance with contracts of employment, HR information, bursary regulations, PAYE, NI and other statutory regulations
- Responsible for preparing BACS file for allocated payrolls prior to transmission and for organizing the costing file for allocated payrolls
- Preparation of RTI file for onward submission to HMRC and assisting with preparation of annual returns for University Pension schemes
- Assisting the Payroll & Pensions Manager in the preparation of year end and other statutory / non-statutory returns
- Testing system and legislation patches and responding to queries and providing salary and pension information as required
- Experience of working as part of a Payroll Team within a large organisation
- Experience gained within the Education or Public Sector
- Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation – PAYE, NI, Superannuation, SSP, SMP etc
- Experience of Oracle HR system (Desirable)
Agency Reference Number: J66571
Salary: £29,966 - £32,947 including London Weighting
Length of contract: Permanent
Working Pattern: 9am – 5pm (3 days in the office and 2 days at home)
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.