Duration: Temporary, 3 months
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am – 4:00pm
Rate: £9 - £12 per hour (depending on experience)
Venn Group’s specialised AHP team are excited to be recruiting for a Phlebotomists based in the Gloucestershire. This is a 3 month temporary contract and is offering between £9.00 - £12.00 per hour.
There is also a Band 3 Phlebotomists role that will also be available based in Gloucestershire.
Outline duties below:
- To receive all patients in a calm, courteous and reassuring manner and uphold the confidentiality, dignity and best customer care practice for all patients/clients at all times
- To identify the correct patient against the blood request form/sample 360 and collect and accurately label blood samples from all patients according to Pathology Standard Operating Procedures (local policies)
- To visit wards regarding provision of a routine Phlebotomy services if and when required
- To be familiar with all Standard Venesection and Cannulation Procedures, especially in relation to the control of infection (needle stick injury, disposal of sharps, blood borne viruses, using disposable gloves and tourniquets).
- To ensure 100% compliance with Infection Control and Hand Hygiene Policy at all times
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations