Placements Officer – Children’s
Hybrid Working - West Midlands Based
Duration: 3-6 month contract initially pending further extensions
Rate: A negotiable hourly rate dependent on experience (Inside IR35)
One of our long-standing clients in the West Midlands is looking for an experienced Placements Officer to join them on an interim basis for the next three to six months. They are looking for someone to support with their busy commissioning and placements team.
The function of the team is commissioning external placements, liaising with the internal fostering team and supporting the Placement and Procurement Officers on the duty rota.
- Providing an immediate response to information or situations concerning risk to vulnerable children
- Assist in sourcing suitable placements for children in care
- Be responsible for contacting and liaising with our internal provisions and independent providers to identify a suitable placement match
- Gathering and sharing information relating to the placing of children to support the best use of resources and support the development of tools and systems to track placement sourcing
- Work collaboratively closely with various teams to source carer availability and suitability
- Liaise with other placements teams to gather local information when sourcing placements outside of the area to identify any potential risk or vulnerabilities
- Be accountable for the quality of your work and take responsibility for maintaining and improving your knowledge and skills
- Work openly and co-operatively with colleagues in the social care teams and treat them with respect
- Presenting evidence in different forums or information as required
- NVQ Level 3 or evidence of previous similar study and willingness to obtain within reasonable timescale
- Enhanced DBS
- Experience of Children’s placements in a social care setting
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Good IT skills
- Good team player, self-motivating, reflective and able to use own initiative
- Able to remain focused despite oppositional challenges from families
- The ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Be adaptable and work flexibly
Please Note: This is a full time role, offering 37 Hours per week and hybrid working with an expectation to be in the office for a minimum of three days per week. You will be required to be based in the office full time during their initial settling period.
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.