Planning Lawyer – Home Counties – up to £55k – Full-time – Hybrid working
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with an established Local Authority in the Home Counties region who are looking for a Planning Lawyer to join their department, on a permanent basis.
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual with a passion for planning law and experience of planning disputes and enforcement. If successful you will assist across all aspects of the legal work for the service including providing timely and effective specialist legal advice to elected Members, including committees and officers across the council.
The role offered is full-time, however candidates offering part-time work and job share will also be considered. This Authority promotes a hybrid working model, with 50% home working available.
The ideal candidate will have experience of advising at committees, particularly Development Management Committees, however those looking to gain this experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Giving advice to the Council, elected members and the Council’s Planning Department on all matters relating to Town and Country Planning and associated legislation
- Negotiating, drafting and dealing with agreements under s.106 Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and any other related agreements
- Managing a varied caseload of complex and substantial legal work including, but not limited to, planning disputes, section 106 agreements, providing advice and support on planning law issues, drafting agreements, article 4 directions, public inquiries and the local plan
- Dealing with all matters involving planning enforcement covered by planning legislation and all related legislation including, but not limited to, enforcement notices, stop notices and notices under s.215 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Contribute to preparation of committee reports and attendance at Council and committee meetings from time to time as directed and required
- Undertaking research and providing advice to the Council in the areas of planning law specifically and local government law generally
- Experience of conducting a full, varied and demanding caseload of complex and sensitive planning law matters including planning disputes and enforcement
- Experience of advising at committees, particularly Development Management Committees
- Ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders from the public and private sector
For further information, please contact Felicity Woodbridge or Natalie Corcoran via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates