An opportunity has arisen for a Planning Solicitor to join Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council Major Projects team on a permanent basis.
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council is situated at the very heart of the West Midlands, just a stone’s throw from Birmingham. A large, diverse, metropolitan borough, Sandwell offers exciting opportunities for all in a friendly, supportive environment.
As Planning Solicitor, you will join a small, high-functioning team and take the lead on a range of planning matters. The work will include all aspects of legal work relating to planning law and advising Members.
The position is offered on a hybrid working basis and the Council has formal policies in place to allow for flexible working arrangements.
- Undertake specialist planning work
- High-level project support in all aspects of planning work
- Advise on regeneration, planning and development work
- Negotiate and advise on planning and CPO’s
- Represent the council in relation to any planning disputes
- Draft legal documents for planning and development work
- Advise planning committee, Elected Members and officers
- Have conduct of judicial review proceedings
- Advise on Asset of Community Value applications
- Advise elected member and officers in relation to planning legislation
- Instruct Counsel/Advocates to act or appear on behalf of the Council
- Qualified Solicitor
- A minimum of three years experience of Planning Law
- An understanding of role of local authority legal services division
- Hybrid/Remote working
- 31 days annual leave, rising to 36 after five years
- Option to buy an additional 10 days annual leave per annum
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an award-winning employee benefits scheme
Please email email@example.com with the subject “Planning” to receive an information pack.
Alternatively, please contact Nik Stoate for a confidential discussion on 0121 616 0681