Venn Group are recruiting for a PPC Executive on behalf of a successful and well established digital marketing agency in the West Midlands.
This role is paying a minimum of £35,000 per annum + benefits.
What you’ll do:
● You will manage pay-per-click campaigns on Google, Facebook and Bing, as well as display
advertising and remarketing campaigns
● You will effectively manage the PPC budgets of clients to reach and exceed their specific
sales or lead generation targets. To help maximise their return, you will work with the SEO
and broader marketing team in order to ensure all digital channels work together as
effectively as possible.
● You will be responsible for optimising PPC advertising across a variety of channels. You’ll
have autonomy to make your own decisions and will ultimately be accountable to the client,
including reporting and explaining the results for each account you manage.
● You will work closely with the wider team in analysing data. This will involve identifying
marketing trends, customer segmentation, developing insight to share with the team and
● Contribute to new client proposals where your knowledge and expertise will be key in
helping to develop a tailored strategy.
What you’ll need:
● Proven experience and success in managing PPC campaigns across Google, Facebook and
● Proven experience in managing Google Shopping campaigns, including setting up product
feeds in Google Merchant Centre and optimising data held in the feeds.
● Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
● Strong understanding of wider digital marketing channels and how they work together
● Experience using Excel and Google Sheets and very comfortable interpreting and
● Strong experience building new PPC campaigns quickly and accurately across multiple
● A structured and methodical approach to on-going optimisation of PPC campaigns.
● Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
● Ability to write compelling copy for PPC adverts and landing pages
● Strong commercial acumen and the ability to have detailed discussions with clients about
their business, objectives, challenges, their market and profit margins, and use that
information to develop strategies for continued growth in campaign performance.
● Good time management and prioritisation skills are essential. You’ll be working within strict
time limitations in most cases, so being able to prioritise the important tasks that will
generate the best results is key to us consistently delivering great value for our clients.
● Experience of using scripts in Google Ads to automate time-consuming tasks. The ability to
write scripts is a definite bonus but not essential.
● Setup of conversion tracking and call tracking – comfortable using Google Tag Manager,
Google Analytics (online conversion tracking) and Infinity / MediaHawk (call tracking).
● Good understanding of attribution and the ability to explain this to clients and the team.
● The ability to learn quickly and keep up to date with the latest changes in the PPC industry.
● Experience of using conversion rate optimisation and split testing software, such as Google
Optimise and HotJar is required.
Why you’ll love it:
● Quarterly team performance bonus
● Generous holiday
● Option to work from home
● Experienced, supportive and friendly leadership team
● Continual personal development, training and opportunities for growth
● Opportunity to demonstrate your passion and entrepreneurial flair