Prevention Worker Vacancy waiting to be filled
Venn Group have been approached by a support organisation and would like to introduce the following position available
Position: Prevention Worker
Rate: £13 PAYE inc holiday pay
Length: 6 months minimum
Hours: 30 hours p/week between 9-5 – no weekend work
The role will predominantly involve:
- Completing a thorough strength based needs and risk assessment for young people entering the service and identify support required. This will include consultation with team leaders and/or managers where appropriate to make these decisions.
- Being adaptable and responsive to the changing needs of the young people, in order to obtain the best outcome for a young person. This includes: contingency planning where prevention has been unsuccessful.
- Promoting, where safe, a “stay put/at home” ethos in circumstances where a longer term and planned move would provide a better outcome for a young person.
- Advising and informing young people about the realities and expectations of independent living as a way to promote awareness of the pros and cons when young people are considering if they are ready to embark upon this.
- Working in partnership with other agencies to promote a full family approach to support a young person to stay at home.
- Ensuring that the welfare of the young people in the service is at the forefront of the support you deliver and that changes to risk are identified and escalated appropriately.
- Ensuring that support plans and risk assesments are completed and reviewed within the correct timescales and safety plans are up to date.
The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS and experience within a similar role
To find out more about this role or to apply please contact Kiera Power on 0161 830 1830 or alternatively reply to this email with your up to date CV.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.