Prevention Worker Vacancy waiting to be filled
Venn Group have been approached by a support organisation and would like to introduce the following position available
Position: Prevention Worker
Rate: £11.00-13.00 PAYE p/hour (inc holiday pay)
Length: 3 months
Hours: 37 hours per week
The role will predominantly involve:
- Completing a thorough strength based needs and risk assessment for young people entering the service and identifying the support they are required
- Supporting young people who are at risk of losing their own tenancy by providing advice and practical support, such as liaising with landlords and other agencies as appropriate to avoid warnings evictions etc.
- Promoting, where safe, a “stay put/at home” ethos in circumstances where a longer term and planned move would provide a better outcome for a young person using the service
- Liaising and building supportive relationships with a young person’s family/carers and where appropriate provide mediation support to enable the young person to remain living at home
- Making sure that the welfare of the young people in the service is at the forefront of the support you deliver and that changes to risk are identified and escalated appropriately.
- Ensuring that support plans and risk assessments are completed and reviewed within the correct timescales and safety plans are up to date
The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS
To find out more about this role or to apply please contact Kiera Power on 0161 830 1830 or alternatively reply to this email with your up to date CV.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.